If you’ve published a book, you are an expert on that book’s topic. Experts share their knowledge with others, so here are some ways to further your expert status and share what you know.
How-To’s for the Expert
Here are a few places you can share your knowledge, extend your reach, and spread the word about your book. Just remember to mention your book in your byline and offer a link to your website.
- Write articles both for print and online
- Become a HARO (Help A Reporter Out) source
- Get active on LinkedIn, linking to those articles you’ve written
- Write Op-Ed pieces on the core message of your story for local newspaper
- Write freelance pieces to niche publications if your core message has a cause
- Use booktour.com to promote your speaking gigs on your core message
- Host webinars
- Create a series of web-videos interviewing other experts on the core message of your story
- Do bookstore events around your core message, invite others to join you
- Create a Meetup group or a BookClub group for those passionate about your core message
Related Post: Selling Your Opinion
What ways have you shared your expertise? Please share because experts are always willing to share.