These are the themes of the EABooks 2023 Anthology Book Contests, and we’re now accepting entries.
How many times have you felt the burdens of life weighing you down? Or perhaps you’ve faced the loss of dreams or a loved one. Maybe you’re distressed by a relationship or puzzled by a problem you face. We all have those moments when life doesn’t seem right or smooth. Something is out of kilter.
But then, God steps in.
He solves the problem, encourages you through tough times, provides wisdom, strengthens you, or shows His love or mercy. And the world is fresh and new again!
What a great God we have! And now, you can write about this experience in your life to help other readers. Whether new to the publishing world or an old pro, we invite you to submit your words to our 2023 contest books. Here are the details (and even some professional tips to help you write better):
- Produce excellent, inspiring books that will bless, motivate, and encourage readers into a closer walk with the Lord.
- Give qualified authors a platform to tell their story.
- The newer authors will find this experience a great way to learn how to submit materials for publication. You will follow a set format presented in our guidelines, and because our contest is run by staff members who have worked in and for royalty publishing houses, you will get a chance to experience professionalism.
- All submissions will be professionally edited, and learning to work with an editor is a valuable part of this publishing process.
- EABooks will take on all costs to produce the books. Authors will be able to purchase copies at the authors’ rate. Authors can then resell for the list price, earn some money, and have a publishing credit.
- You may enter the contest for either book as often as you like.
- If your manuscript is a winning entry, you will receive one free copy of the book.
- All winning entries will receive a professional edit.
- This contest does have a $10 fee per entry. (Remember, contest fees are usually tax-deductible for writers).
- You may submit personal experience pieces, poetry, as-told-to articles, devotionals, and third-person articles.
- Good news! Unlike many contests, we maintain no rights to your manuscript. If your manuscript is a winner, we will ask you to sign a simple form allowing us to use your work in this compilation, but you still own your materials. So, you can sell it elsewhere with reprint rights.
- If you want to submit a piece that’s already been published elsewhere, that is fine. But you must own the materials (so if someone else purchased it for all rights, you don’t own that piece anymore). If you have problems figuring this out, contact us, and we’ll help.
Refreshed by His Love, July 15, midnight
Refreshed by His Mercy, August 12, midnight
- Submissions may be no more than 1500 words.
- Submissions will be judged on their alignment with the theme and following all guidelines.
- All entries must be emailed as an email attachment.
- You must have full contact information (Name, address, email, phone number) in the upper left hand of your manuscript. In the right corner, note if you’re offering first rights (it’s never been published before) or reprint rights (it’s been published before and where), as well as which book, Love or Mercy you are submitting to.
- Your manuscript should be submitted with the filename: Last name.partial or full article title.Grace [or Mercy, depending on which book you submit to]. Example: Cowell.Simply Amazed.Grace.docx
- Entry fee must be received with the entry. You can submit payment by check mailed to Living Parables 3291 Line Springs Road Sevierville, TN 37862, or through Zelle (407-712-3431).
Submit the below form: